Job Title: Manager, Embroidery Center.
Organisation: Mijwan Welfare Society, Mijwan, Phoolpur, Azamgarh, UP.
Mijwan was the home of the famous Urdu poet late Kaifi Azmi. Azamgarh gave Kaifi his last name and he returned to the village that was frozen in time and single-mindedly removed it from its abyss. He founded MIJWAN WELFARE SOCIETY (MWS), Kaifi Azmi Girls inter-college, Kaifi Azmi computer centre, the Sewing and embroidery centre where students are taught stitching and embroidery.
The various institutions here reflect the literacy and cultural heritage. An outsider is unaware of the current socio-economic standards of Mijwan. Kaifi Azmi believed that in a country like India where 80% of the population lives in the villages, we will need to empower villages if India is to make any real progress. He famously once said, “When one is working for change, one should bring into that expectation the possibility that the change may not occur in one’s lifetime and yet one must carry on working towards it”.
The objectives of the Society are Employment, Self Reliance and Sustainable Development.MWS aims to achieve these by -
- Primary Health and Sanitation
- Micro Credit
- Through Empowerment, MWS brings social and economic equity to the villagers.
- Through Education and Computer literacy it brings everyone, especially the girl child, into the mainstream of society.
- By promoting village based small-scale industries and supporting it with marketing skills and strategies, MWS facilitates viable Self Employment.
- To ensure the proper upkeep of records of the embroidery center
- To work and propagate the established systems of reporting and stock keeping of goods and material.
- To report to the center in-charge about the daily activity log and assist in job work distribution on the weekly distribution day.
- To report the CEO about the weekly activity chart and submit progress report on a weekly basis.
- To coordinate with the buyers and maintain a record of the work submitted, Bills generation and logistics of the goods
- General maintenance of the embroidery center premises and liaison with various AMC contracts.
- To keep the accounts of the embroidery center and report them to Mumbai head office on a monthly basis.
- Good understanding of rural empowerment programme and at least 1-2 years of experience of working in a NGO in Utter Pradesh.
- Excellent coordination and facilitation skills
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills
- Good spoken and written communication skills both in Hindi and English
- Proficiency in the use of computer with MS- office and internet communication.
Desired Candidate Profile:
He/she must be Graduate in Social Sciences/Social Work with at least1-2 years working experience in Project management along with fair knowledge of NGO sector. Candidate must be ready to live in a in Uttar Pradesh.
Consolidated salary may range from Rs.10,500-12,000 PM depending on experience and merit.
Note :- Only short-listed candidates shall be notified for the interviews.