Main akela hi chala thaa jaani-be-manzil,
Magar log saath aate gaye, aur karvaan banta gaya.
- Kaifi Azmi Inter-College for girls, Kaifi Azmi Computer Centre and Kaifi Azmi sewing and embroidery institutions function successfully.
- All children in Mijwan and surrounding villages go to the Kaifi Azmi school with no dropout rate.
- Fashion Designers Manish Malhotra and Anita Dongre get their chikankari work done in Mijwan.
- Crafts of Hope, USA engage the services of the girls to produce crochet articles to be sold on ebay.
- Aligarh Alumni Association-Washington D.C.
- Girls from the KaifiAzmi Inter-College in 2010 won the first prize for cultural activity at a National Youth Competition in Jaipur .They performed in a play that they had written themselves against dowry. It was the first time they travelled out of their village and met other young people from India.
- Ghanshyam Prajapati, Kaifi Azmi school teacher, has been awarded the National Youth Award by the Vice President of the country Hamid Ansari.
- Three major fashion shows 'Mijwan Sonnets in Fabric' with leading film stars such as Aishwarya Rai, Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra, RanbirKapoor etc were held as fundraisers for MWS.
- Youth iconand Bollywood star Ranbir Kapoor has joined hands with MWS as Goodwill Ambassador.
- As a part of his commitment to the cause, Ranbir Kapoor participated in the Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon to raise funds for Mijwan Welfare Society.
- The girls are learning English through SKYPE from USA under the aegis of the ANN Foundation USA.
- Mijwan's greatest success however has been steered by leading Fashion Guru Manish Malhotra who adopted the KaifiAzmi Sewing and Embroidery Centre to upgrade the craftsmanship and chikankari skills of our women and enhance their employment generation opportunities.
- KaifiAzmi sewing and embroidery centre has opened 10 branches all over Eastern U.P.
MWS has held a fashion show Mijwan Sonnets in Fabric 2012 for the third year running. Says Shabana Azmi, “This year is particularly significant because it is the culmination of a process started three years ago when we first started our partnership with Manish Malhotra.
Like the two previous years, Bollywood stars have walked the ramp for Manish Malhotra. But this year they will showcase the craftsmanship of our girls from Mijwan. It is a huge boost for them to be pulled out of oblivion and have 30 reigning stars of Bollywood and Fashion Industry wear their creations.
Today super model Naomi Campbell is also wearing Mijwan creations by Manish Malhotra.